As the winter goes on and we enter the new year, the temperature continues to drop. Along with frigid temperatures comes cold and dry air which can be bad news for those with respiratory issues. The good news is that humidifiers can help! Keep reading to learn how.
Who Should Use a Humidifier?
If you find yourself with any of the following issues during the winter, a humidifier might be just what you need:
- Dry cough
- Congestion in the sinuses
- Irritated vocal cords
- Dry skin
- Cracked lips
- Nose irritation
How Does it Work?
Humidifiers are simple – they emit water vapor or steam which increases the humidity in the air. Doing this gives the air more moisture and helps prevent the issues mentioned above.
What are the Benefits of Using a Humidifier?
Now that we’ve gone over what a humidifier is used for as well as how they work, it’s time to discuss the great benefits.
- Prevents dry skin: Dry air can easily pull moisture out of your body, leaving you with cracked, dry skin and chapped lips. By running a humidifier, the air in your home will leave the moisture in your skin rather than taking it out.
- Gets rid of static: One of the more frustrating parts of the winter is how staticky everything can get. Whether it’s in your hair or your laundry, it isn’t a fun effect to deal with and humidifiers can help get rid of that.
- Can prevent the spread of airborne viruses: Not only is this great for lessening the impacts of flu season, but it’s even more ideal this winter with COVID-19 going around. Studies show that raising indoor humidity does a great job of slowing the spread of illnesses.
- Helps with snoring: If you sleep with your mouth open and wake up with a dry mouth, a humidifier can be of great help. By adding moisture to the air, it can soothe your throat tissue and help you sleep more comfortably.
- Alleviates allergy symptoms: Those who suffer from allergies can benefit from having a humidifier since the moisture in the air can soothe tissues in the throat and nasal passages.
If reading this blog hasn’t already convinced you to invest in a humidifier this winter, feel free to contact us and learn more about their benefits. Our main priority is providing nothing but the best for you and your loved ones’ health, and humidifiers have the numerous health benefits you need this winter. Find yours today!