Now that flu season is here, it is more important to be cautious of spreading germs and keeping yourself safe and healthy. Germs are everywhere and can cause the flu, respiratory infections, whooping cough, and other infections. It is important to at least try to avoid coming into contact with germs as much as possible while knowing that you can’t avoid them completely. We are going to share with you a few tips for preventing the spread of germs.
1. Wash Your Hands
- Washing your hands is a great way to prevent the spread of germs and is the most effective. It is important to wash your hands when handling food, when you are done using the bathroom, after sneezing or coughing, and after handling garbage. Washing your hands frequently will help you wash away those germs that you have come into contact with. To learn more about proper hand washing visit this link from the CDC on hand washing tips!
2. Cover Your Nose and Mouth When Sneezing or Coughing
- This is crucial when preventing the spread of your germs to others. Covering your nose and mouth will help keep your germs from spreading around and infecting others. It is also important if you use a tissue to throw it in the trash immediately and then wash your hands afterward.
3. Disinfect Frequently
- Disinfecting surfaces that are touched frequently is important in preventing the spread of germs. Disinfecting things like doorknobs, tables, and surfaces that are frequently touched will kill viruses and bacteria. Make sure to use the correct cleaning products for each type of surface to ensure that you will kill the bacteria and germs correctly and effectively.
4. Don’t Touch Your Face
- Throughout the day you touch surfaces and items that are full of germs. It is important to try to avoid touching your face to prevent germs going directly into your mouth, nose, and eyes. Washing your hands will also help with this because even if you are avoiding touching your face, chances are at some point during the day you will, so the less germs on your hands the better.
It is important to avoid spreading germs to others while also protecting yourself. During flu season, it is easier to catch the viruses going around and getting sick is not fun. Use these tips to avoid spreading germs this fall and winter!