Have you been experiencing summer rhinitis symptoms that have you feeling under the weather? It is time to ‘bee’ proactive and use a nasal rinse to help alleviate your symptoms! Summer rhinitis can cause your sinuses to be inflamed or irritated, which can cause mucus to clog your nasal cavities, leading to those irritating rhinitis symptoms. Today, we will explore the benefits of nasal rinses and how they can be used this summer (or any season) for rhinitis relief.
The Benefits of Nasal Rinses
Cost-Effective and Easy to Use
- Nasal rinses are a cost-effective, safe, and easy-to-use tool that can provide relief for summer rhinitis symptoms. This makes them an ideal option for long-term use, and they have little to no side effects when used correctly. Many individuals experience relief from just one use.
Efficiently Clears Allergens and Irritants
- Nasal rinses utilize a saline solution to effectively flush away clogs and thin mucus in the sinuses, reducing inflammation and irritation. This can effectively remove dust, pollen, and other allergens, which can reduce your summer rhinitis symptoms.
Effectively Reduces Congestion and Sinus Pressure
- By flushing away clogs and mucus, nasal rinses can provide you with nasal congestion and sinus pressure relief. Nasal rinses can also help moisturize the nasal passages to reduce dryness and discomfort.
5 Quick Tips for Using Nasal Rinses
- Always use clean water to reduce the risk of infection. You can use distilled, boiled, or filtered water.
- Always wash your hands before and after handling the nasal rinse equipment.
- Closely follow the instructions that come with your nasal rinse kit.
- Try to breathe naturally through your nose while doing the nasal rinse to prevent the solution from entering your throat.
- Clean all equipment thoroughly after you are done and allow all pieces to fully dry before storing.
When to Contact Our Specialists
If nasal rinses are not effectively reducing your symptoms or your symptoms have gotten worse after trying a nasal rinse, it may be time to contact our specialists. At PulseAir Heart and Lunge Centre, we offer effective allergy testing services that can help you identify what triggers your summer rhinitis and find a treatment option that will work best for you. Check out our website or contact our team to find out more about how our specialists can help you!