An echocardiogram uses sound waves (much like an ultrasound) to create a moving picture of the heart. The picture is much more detailed than an x-ray image and involves no radiation exposure. The images help to determine the size of the heart, strength of the heart muscles, presence of heart diseases, and heart valve malfunctions. The images of the heart are shown on the large screen monitor that allows the doctor and the patient to view during examination. Echocardiograms are routinely used in the diagnosis, management, and follow-up of patients with any suspected or known heart diseases.
This information is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor; PulseAir disclaims any liability for decisions you make based on this information.
- You must ARRIVE 15 MINUTES prior to your appointment time. If you are late for your scheduled time, we may have to reschedule your appointment.
- Bring your Alberta Health Card and Government Issued ID
- The test will take approximately 30-45 minutes
- Please expect to be at the clinic for up to 2 hours
- NO HEAVY SCENTS, PERFUMES, OILS