Struggling with chronic rhinitis and sinusitis in the summertime can be challenging, but with the right management strategies, it is possible to find relief. Summer heat and humidity can make your rhinitis and sinusitis symptoms worse, which can disrupt your everyday life. In today’s blog, we have shared with you a few helpful tips that you can use to help manage your symptoms this summer!
Strategies To Manage Rhinitis and Sinusitis Symptoms
There are a few strategies that you can implement into your everyday life that can help you limit your exposure to allergens that may be causing your symptoms. It can be helpful to take extra precautions when pollen counts are high. Here are a few of them that you can try:
- Try using a cool-mist humidifier
- Wear a mask working outside
- Wash your bedding weekly in hot water
- Keep the windows in your home closed
- Shower and change your clothes after spending time outdoors
- Vacuum regularly and utilize a HEPA filter
- Avoid irritants such as secondhand smoke, perfume, and aerosol sprays
Over-the-Counter Medications That Can Help Reduce Symptoms
There are over-the-counter remedies that can help provide relief and reduce symptoms. Here are a few that can be helpful:
- Nasal sprays (OTC or prescription)
- Oral antihistamines such as Zyrtec Allergy and Allegra Allergy
- Oral decongestants such as Zyrtec-D 12 Hour and Claritin-D
- Saline solutions to help rinse your sinuses
How PulseAir Can Help
Sometimes over-the-counter medications and strategies are not enough to fully manage your chronic rhinitis and sinusitis symptoms. At PulseAir Heart and Lung Centre, our specialists can help you find the relief you have been searching for! We offer allergy testing at our PulseAir clinic that helps you find out which substances are causing you to experience an allergic reaction. Allergy testing can help you identify what steps need to be taken next, which specific allergens you should avoid, and determine a treatment plan that will be effective in managing your symptoms. For more information about our allergy testing services, please visit our website or contact us to schedule an appointment!
Don’t let your chronic rhinitis or sinusitis symptoms rain on your summer parade. You can utilize these helpful management strategies or contact our specialists to help you find effective relief and enjoy all the summer fun!