Spring has officially sprung, and we are so excited for the warm weather to arrive. Now’s a great time to brainstorm what kind of activities you can do outside this season, so you’re prepared for the warm and sunny days ahead. Below are some activities that anyone can do outdoors!
The Importance of Exercise
You’ve probably heard it a million times before, but exercise is important for anyone at any age. Whether you’re a little kid or a retired individual, getting up and making time for physical activity is a crucial part of your day. Plus, if you’re dealing with respiratory issues, exercising helps your blood circulate and strengthens your respiratory muscles, making it easier for you to breathe.
Activities for Younger Children
- Get your rain gear on and jump around in the puddles.
- Draw on the sidewalk or driveway with chalk.
- Kids never get tired of blowing bubbles, so have them pick a pack out at the store to use outside.
- Paint a unique picture by using materials your kids find outside, such as flowers, grass, leaves and other things.
- When the springtime showers start, let your kids go run around in the rain for a bit and they’ll be sure to have a blast.
Activities for Parents and Their Kids
- Set up a nature scavenger hunt for your kids to figure out together.
- Go on a family bike ride around the neighborhood.
- Plant a tree or other kind of plant with your kids and watch it grow over the coming years.
- Do a grill-out for dinner and have a picnic in the backyard or on the patio.
- Start a family garden. This can be done on a smaller scale if you don’t have the time or space for a big garden.
Activities for Older Adults
- Go on a nature walk with your camera and take pictures of the pretty or unique sights you see.
- Pick some fresh wildflowers and make your own springtime bouquet for your kitchen table.
- Put out your hummingbird feeders for the year and watch your backyard birds return as it warms up.
- Do an outdoor workout such as yoga or by setting up an outdoor circuit if you’re feeling creative.
- Prepare your yard for the warm days ahead by giving it a nice trim to start the spring season.