24 Hour Holter Monitoring
Twenty-four hour Holter monitoring is a batter- operated portable device that measure's and records your heart's rate, rhythm, and electrical activity (ECG) continuously for 24 hours. You wear the Holter monitor as you go about your normal daily routine. The device is the size of a small camera and it has 5 wires with electrodes that attach to your chest, while the device sits in a pouch around your waist
How to prepare for the test:
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any tapes or other adhesives.
- Make sure you shower or bathe before you start the test because you will not be able to get your body wet while you are wearing a Holter monitor.
- You must ARRIVE 15 MINUTES prior to your appointment time. If you are late for your scheduled time, we may have to reschedule your appointment.
- Bring your Alberta Health Card and Government Issued ID
- The test will take approximately 20-30 minutes
- Please expect to be at the clinic for up to 1 hours
- NO HEAVY SCENTS, PERFUMES, OILS
- Women: no sports bras and if possible, a loose fitting shirt, blouse, or button up top.
- Men: the technician may need to remove the hair from certain areas of your chest (if applicable) to ensure the electrodes create a good connection with your skin, you are welcome to prep before your appointment
- You will be asked to remove your top
- The technician will do an Electrocardiogram (12 lead ECG, baseline heart tracing).
- The technician will prepare your skin with alcohol swabs and exfoliator to ensure a good connection has been made
This information is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor; PulseAir disclaims any liability for decisions you make based on this information.